Penske Automotive Parts Counter Representative in Indianapolis, Indiana
Summary/Objective The Front Parts Counter Representative provides the direct interface with the retail and wholesale customer as well as the service department technician to sell the needed parts and accessories in a timely fashion
- Retrieves (pulls) purchased parts from inventory or if the requested parts are not in inventory determines availability, prepare parts requisition, and submit order as required.
- Keeps accurate records of special order parts
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information to customers
- Assist walk-in customers in accurately selecting required parts, suggest companion requirements, offer specials, and ensure that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Pull purchased parts from stock.
- If the part is not in stock, determine availability, prepare parts requisition, and submit an emergency order if requested by the customer. Keep records of special order parts.
- Answer phone calls, providing price quotes and other information. Follow ordering procedures for phone orders.
- Assist outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Set up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Verify "will call" and "back-order" files weekly and return to vendors, or stock those items not required.
- Solicit assigned accounts by phone.
- Takes phone orders, following all procedures and completing all required documentation
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders
- Processes orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up at counter
- Receives and ships parts in accordance with company policies
- Verifies "will call" and "back-order" files weekly and return to vendors, or re-stocks items not required
- Assists service drive employees in selecting parts needed for repairs in process
- Orders parts not in stock for required repairs in accordance with company policies
- Follows up on special ordered items and promptly notifies service drive employees when received
- Obtains credit authorization as required and in accordance with company policies
- Ensures all cash, credit, charge, purchase order, invoice and tax exempt sales are processes in accordance with company policies
- Issues credit for parts returned, in accordance with company policies.
- Displays parts attractively to generate sales
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily
- Maintains inventory on shelves and in bins by reporting items needing to be reordered, identifying any discrepancies in stock levels, and returning unsold items to stock
- Advises Parts Manager of any inventory discrepancies and if areas of the department are not in good condition
- Assists in maintaining a balanced inventory consistent with the requirements of the service department, body shop, wholesale accounts, and the "self-service" retail customer
- Provides recommendation on pricing parameters in each category that generate sufficient gross profit to produce a satisfactory profit while maintaining customer loyalty
- Assists in inventory control to achieve maximum turnover in accordance with established goals
- Monitors and makes recommendation on how to adjusts- inventory to minimize obsolescence of parts
- Ensures that all parts are properly tagged so that the dealership recovers full credit from the factory
- Conducts inventory control activities and audits as directed by Supervisors
- Ensures that the same high quality level of service provided to outside customers is also provided to internal dealership customers.
- Works with service drive employee to ensure timely turnaround of parts needed for internal jobs
- Maintains delivery vehicles for delivery program
- Delivers parts as requested
- Follows up on customer concerns and complaints promptly
- Escalates any complaints to Parts Department Manager as needed
- Establishes good working relationships with other service drive departments and the sales department
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with "self-service" retail customers and wholesale customers to encourage repeat and referral business
- Completes all documents, forms and reports in accordance with company policy
- Uses proper safety equipment and acts in accordance with company policies, and regulations
- Keeps abreast of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases
- Ensures that the work areas and customer waiting area are kept clean
- Follows all attendance and punctuality standards with adherences to timekeeping standards
- Follows the Company Code of Business Ethics and Conduct
- Understands and follows all work rules and procedures and follows lawful directions from Supervisors
- Upholds the company's non-disclosure and confidentiality policies and agreements
- Maintains a professional appearance for self in accordance with company policy
- Attends pertinent training on request
- Attends company meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
AAP/EEO Statement The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Penske Automotive Group