Penske Automotive Assistant Service Advisor in Turnersville, New Jersey
Summary/Objective The Assistant Service Advisor initiates automotive services and repairs by ascertaining performance problems and services requested; verifying warranty and service contract coverage; developing estimates; writing repair orders; maintaining customer rapport and records.
- Determines automotive problems and services by listening to customer's description of symptoms; clarifies description of problems; conducts inspections; takes test drives; checks vehicle maintenance records; examines service schedules
- Verifies warranty and service contract coverage by examining records; explains provisions and exclusions
- Develops estimates by costing materials, supplies, and labor; calculates customer's payment, including deductibles
- Prepares repair orders (RO) by describing symptoms, problems, and causes discovered, as well as repairs and services required; obtains approval signatures; enters RO into service database system
- Maintains customer relationship by explaining estimates and expected return of vehicle; obtains customer's approval of estimates; obtains and provides contact telephone numbers; answers questions and concerns; arranges towing and temporary transportation
- Maintains automotive records by recording problems and corrective actions planned
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reads manufacturers' publications
- Enhances company's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Other Duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AAP/EEO Statement The Company is committed to hiring a diverse and qualified workforce. We will not consider any characteristic or category protected by state or federal law in hiring or employment decisions, including but not limited to race, national origin, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, status as a parent, or genetic information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Penske Automotive Group